Friday, January 4, 2013

Major useful features added

I have had a fair amount of time to work on Lightningbeam the past few days, and here's what I've added:
  • Undo + redo. Unlimited, but it just stores edits rather than re-copying the entire file every time you do something like SWIFT did.
  • Scaling. It's still buggy, but much better than it was before, and the scales now apply when you export to either HTML5 or SWF.
  • Images. So far this has only been implemented on Mac OSX, because I need to tweak PyGUI to add support for each platform; but you can now import, scale, and export images, and also use them as fills once I add them to the paintbucket tool.
  • Text editing working properly. If you add text to the stage, you can now edit it, and you can also click in the ActionScript window and select text (something which was really bugging me until I fixed that.)
  • Automatic installation of Flash Debugger. Lightningbeam requires a Flash debugger to run SWF files, and while I could just point people at the download site, I gave it the option to automatically download the debugger instead if it is missing.
  • Sound support; you can now import WAV files to the stage, and they can be exported to both SWF and HTML5 animation.
  • Selection of multiple objects.
And thoughts for the future: I had attempted to add an Android GUI backend about a year and a half ago, but the state of Python on Android at the time was really rather horrible and you had to do everything via a web page and server requests, so I gave up. However, I have recently started experimenting with Kivy, which uses Python and OpenGL(ES) to provide a cross-platform environment that runs not only on desktops but on Android, and also on iOS, so perhaps I will make apps for Android and the iPad.

1 comment:

  1. Seu dewsenvolvimento ainda esta ativo? me interesei muito por ele , por favor me responda...grato

    ReplyDelete